Today, many companies realized the need of hiring professionals to address specific tasks that their in-house team cannot handle. But it is a big challenge to find a reliable professionals developers team to fulfill your business needs within a strict timeline and budget too. However, outsourcing now becomes immensely popular and there are a lot of IT companies that provide dedicated development team.
But first, take a look at what is a dedicated development team,
DEDICATED DEVELOPMENT TEAM
It is a business model which only refers to an agreement between client and service provider. This model usually serves a long-term project with undefined tasks, frequent modification of scope and services in which your in-house team lacks experience. Service providers provide a team of professionals who focus only on client’s needs and vision and work dedicatedly and do not perform any other task during the period, that’s why they are called a dedicated team.
The clients can manage these dedicated teams in two ways:
1) They can manage them by his/her own self. However, these developers are employees of outsourcing IT Company but clients can see them as a part of their in-house team and can communicate directly with them.
2) The client can leave the management of the team in the hands of the outsourcing IT company’s project manager. Then the project manager hustles to meet the client’s expectations.
DEDICATED DEVELOPMENT VS IN-HOUSE TEAM
We will discuss the dedicated development team and the in-house team over a few aspects:-
TIME AND BUDGET LIMITATIONS
The mainly small and medium business’s starting budgets are low and they can’t afford to hire local developers. For instance, the skilled and experienced developers in the USA are very expensive, and finding the right candidate can take quite a long time, but a dedicated team concept links you to the developers all over the globe to find your correct match easily and within a bearable budget. Sometimes you even don’t have to worry about hiring, the outsourcing IT Company will find the perfect match according to your project.
SPECIALIST WITH UNIQUE AND RARE SKILLS
The most important benefit is that you can expose to the world’s highly skilled and experienced developers according to your project which is really hard for a client to manage in his in-house team and have to compromise over some parts of his project whereas in this concept he can hire developers for each and every aspect of his project according to skill and can have the best result, and experience many new developing ideas.
FULLY FOCUSED TEAM
A dedicated team can become a part of your company and that’s how they can work dedicatedly under your supervision on specific tasks, giving you better results.
FAST MARKET ENTRY
As the dedicated development team is skilled and possesses broad experience of dealing with various types of projects, helping you avoid various different problems freshmen may face.
HOW A DEDICATED DEVELOPMENT TEAM STRUCTURE LOOKS LIKE
Dedicated development team roles include:-
- The project manager (PM) is in charge and supervises the project, executes planning, delegating tasks among team members, and communicates with the client.
- A business analyst is responsible for setting goals, analyzing and documenting core processes, and making sure that everyone is aimed towards the business goal.
- Designers are responsible for how the project will look and how the client will interact with it.
- Quality assurance teams make sure that the product meets its requirements.
- Developers are the heavy lifters they write codes. They contain two categories.
Front-end developers: they are focused on the customer-facing page.
Back-end developers: they take care of the inside elements that users don’t see.
Other important roles that could be required in a project:-
- Tech lead is the most skilled developer in the team, drives developmental processes and is responsible for the technical decision for the team.
- The solution architect is building architectural solutions for all the teams of the project to follow.
HOW THE EFFECTIVE DEDICATED DEVELOPMENT TEAM MADE
Following are the steps that once should be following in order to make the dedicated development team:
making a project description and determining key functions of the project. Choosing the service provider, figure out the budget of the project, and releasing date of the product.
The outsourcing IT Company shortlisted the candidates according to your project demands having certain qualities like:
- Tech skills
- Development experience
- Soft skills
- General background
Integrate the Team into the Project:
After creating a team now it’s time to integrate them into your project. The client can manage the remote team easily via calls and video conferences and keeping the project under close review.
PRECAUTION SHOULD BE TAKING CONCERNING DEDICATED DEVELOPMENT TEAM
However, a dedicated development team at hand bring a huge profile to your company but there are still some issues and challenges that you should keep in mind if you decide to choose this model:-
Choosing Outsourcing IT Company
Always choose an outsourcing IT company that provides you the developers that meet your project and gives the best variant of you. Study the market, make a comparative analysis of service providers, read users’ feedback, and visit social media sites can help you choose the genuine service provider.
Out Limit Your Reach
Talents are everywhere. You shouldn’t just hire the developer because he/she belongs to your place or city. You don’t have to limit your research on a geographical basis. Expand your search worldwide and find the developers that best suit your project and communicate with them via calls or videos.
Trade Quality Over Price
Remember skilled experienced development specialists cost money, but you’ll get more than you actually spend. Unfortunately, a company looking for developers with lower prices.it is not surprising that the outcome is miserable due to the poor performance of the developers. So never ever compromise on product quality, you’ll definitely recover from it all.
Lack of Concentration
As the dedicated development team is not in physical contact with clients. So it can cause some serious issues in communication which leads to misunderstanding between them. This will cause the team members to get less motivated and slow down the productivity speed so always be in contact with them and make sure they are working properly and regularly.
SOME DRAWBACKS OF THIS DEDICATED TEAM MODEL
Barriers in Communications
This is one of the major disadvantages of the outsourcing team, you may need to overcome the barriers like language, culture, time zone.
- You can use collaboration tools like slack to manage processes.
- To overcome the language problems Hire a translator if necessary.
There can be few security risks if you give confidential company data to a third party and trust them to use it correctly. Your software and algorithm can be stolen or replicated by a third-party employee.
- Use a performance monitoring tool to monitor your outsourced team this will help you to keep an eye on what they’re doing with your data.
- Make sure to have a sign of developers on an NDA (non-disclosure agreement) before sharing your data this will legally restrict them from leaking your information.
WRAPPING UP KEY POINTS
At the end of the day, the dedicated development team model is the best way to tackle complex projects, it is convenient and exposes you to worldwide development specialists who are dedicated work on your project and make out the best of your product.