This is no secret that mobile is the future of businesses that are running in the world at present.
This is not a sudden change, from the past few years we are experiencing that more and more people are switching from desktops and laptops to their mobile devices for most of the activities.
The number of mobile users is also growing, especially the consumers, they are the ones enterprises care about.
Consumers around are switching to mobile devices for most of their needs, be it buying groceries or clothes, or finding a cleaning service for their home, they try to find everything through their mobile device.
This is the reason why more and more enterprises want to have a mobile application, but they are expensive and it takes great research and a great team to make it happen.
PWA is getting really popular and AMP is also something which is turning out as a useful and in-budget option for the enterprises.
This article will make you understand both of them and also make it clear which one to choose.
Progressive web applications & Accelerated Mobile Pages
As both of them are cheaper and fast methods to get to the mobile devices of the users. Both of them might not be as vast in scope as native or cross-platform applications but they still can attract a lot of prospects if made right.
Web application development is trending in today’s time and most of the countries want to invest.
Both of them are similar in a way, both of them need a browser to run, Progressive web applications are just like applications which work on a browser.
Everyone wants AMP is a framework which was developed by Google in the year 2015 to develop custom web pages with fast loading speed.
Understanding the AMP
As mentioned above, AMP is the framework which is used to develop web pages that can be loaded faster.
Google developed this framework keeping in mind the needs of mobile users. The users have to wait for a long time when they open a normal web page.
Normal web pages are not made according to mobile devices and that is why they take a lot of time to load.
Benefits Of AMP
- Websites Load Faster: AMPs are developed in a way so they can load way faster on the mobile devices and provide the users with the best experience.
- Better SEO (Search Engine Optimization): With AMP development, businesses can optimize the web pages of their websites so that they open faster on mobile devices.
- Open-source framework: AMP is also an open-source framework, which means that its code is available to everyone in the world. There are some specialized functions which help it to work faster.
- Combines architectures and processes: This framework combines various architectures and specialized processes and they are concentrated to increase the speed. Speed is the main objective of the developers while they use AMP.
There are some enterprises that want to go for a business app development but don’t have enough budget or relevant employees to do that, AMP is the one which can help them. AMP is not a replacement for an application but it can attract mobile users and allow them to use the website better and faster.
PWA (Progressive web apps) is getting popular day by day. This is way cheaper than a native mobile application and still, it looks and works just like them.
It just requires a browser to work on. PWA can also be called cross-platform applications as they can run on any device irrespective of the operating system. These are websites which work as applications.
Benefits Of PWA
- Responsive Websites That Look Just Like Applications: This is probably the best thing about PWA. They are compatible with any device whether it is a smartphone, desktop and tablet. They will be compatible with the devices which are not even launched in the market due to exceptional design.
- They Are Best In Terms Search Engine Optimization: With the help of PWA, the app searchability as well as accessibility increases. As a result, the websites load faster and consecutively ranks higher in Google Search.
- They Don’t Take Up Space On User’s Device: While native apps need to be downloaded and installed, PWA has no such requirement. It does not take as much memory as any native app. Thus the price is less as compared to the number of functions generated in the business.
- They Use Less Data Than Native Mobile Applications: In PWA, there exists less information than any native app. Hence, the process of purchasing data is highly cost-effective. There is no extra storage in the device.
The Difference between AMP and PWA
- Both of them have specific functions, AMP helps the pages load faster on mobile devices and PWA makes the web pages look like native applications. Progressive web apps pages are updated as quickly as possible to make the transition look normal, just like a native application.
- AMP is one framework which works best with static web pages that display text, graphics, etc. Blogging, review and entertainment websites can use this technology to improve the performance of web pages on mobile devices.
- PWA is best for e-Commerce and other trading and service providing websites, especially for those industries which want an app in the budget of a website.
- Both of these are great options in replacement for an application. PWA is one that looks like an application but AMP websites also work fast and fulfill the purpose.
Which one is better?
There are many enterprises which now hire PWA developers more than native app developers.
The reason is clear, they can make efficient web applications at much less cost than a native application.
Both AMP, as well as PWA, have their own set of advantages and disadvantages. It totally depends on the type of website as well as the business If the website has the main focus on heavy content then AMP is the right choice.
But if the website is an e-Commerce website, then PWA is the best option to choose from.
Using progressive web applications will give the website a look and feel of the mobile app in the browser.
Also, it won’t be large in size as native apps but will serve the same purpose. Also, PWA can be added to home screens through which users can search whenever they want.
There are many benefits because of which it is now widely used as a business industry solution.