There are several techniques for converting an EML file to an Outlook PST, so anyone can do it. Alternatively, you can convert EML files to CSV files. However, one method may not be appropriate for another. As a result, you must determine which solution is best for you. In this post, you’ll learn why you should migrate your EML files and how to do so.
An EML file is a single email message file that retains the contents of a single email. The email content, sender information, recipient information, message date, and so on are all contained in this file. These files are small because they only store a single email message.
The Outlook data file that stores the entire mailbox information is known as a Personal Storage Table (PST) file. It has the advantage of EML files in that it can store information equivalent to hundreds of EML files in a single PST file. There are sufficient reasons for converting an EML file to an Outlook PST file. But there is a slew of additional reasons, so let’s have a look at them all.
Need to Convert an EML to a PST File?
For a variety of reasons, a user may desire to convert an EML file to a PST file for Outlook. However, the majority of users migrated their EML files for a variety of reasons. It’s also important to understand why you want to transfer your email messages to Outlook data files because this will assist you to choose the best method.
- EML files are easily corrupted. They are more susceptible to corruption than any other file format. As a result, converting them to Outlook data files (PST) is a good technique to secure important data from corruption.
- You’ll need an email client that supports EML files to open them. The PST files, on the other hand, can be opened in any version of Microsoft Outlook.
- An EML file stores a single email in it. It requires a lot of space to save an entire inbox as EML files. A PST file, on the other hand, stores the whole mailbox of emails, including attachments, in a small amount of space.
There are a number of other reasons for EML migration, but the ones listed above are the most common. Following your understanding of the migration’s fundamental problem, you should discover how to import EML to Outlook data files using a variety of methods.
Methods For Converting an EML File to an Outlook PST File
Several methods exist for converting EML files to Outlook PST files. You have the option of using third-party software or not using any additional software to complete the instructions. The manual method is defined as a method that does not use third-party software. To solve the problem, these solutions necessitate considerable technical understanding. So, there are two ways to convert an EML file to an Outlook PST file.
- Using the Manual Method
- Methods: Professional or Automatic
Methods for Manually Converting an EML File to an Outlook PST
Manual migration procedures do not necessitate the use of any additional software. The processes for converting EML files are listed below.
Use Windows Live Mail and Microsoft Outlook
The conversion is done using Windows Live Mail and Microsoft Outlook in this technique. This is an email client software, not third-party software. To convert EML to PST format, you use their built-in features. To convert an EML file to a PST file for Outlook, follow the instructions below.
- As an administrator, use Microsoft Outlook and Windows Live Mail.
- Click the File button in the menu bar of Windows Live Mail.
- Choose Email Messages from the Export Email menu.
- Click Next after selecting Microsoft Exchange as an export option.
- A pop-up window will appear on the screen, stating that all emails will be exported to Microsoft Outlook. Click the OK button.
- Selecting the required email from the mailbox folder or migrate the entire mailbox of emails, then click OK.
- When you press the OK button, the migration will begin. After you’ve finished, a wizard to complete the export will display. Select the Finish option.
Drag and Drop the EML files
It’s a straightforward procedure that only requires Microsoft Outlook to be installed on your computer. This method is appropriate when you have a small number of EML files and need to save them in a different location on your machine. Also, if you don’t have email software to open EML files, the drag-and-drop method is the best solution. Take the actions outlined below.
- On your computer, launch Microsoft Outlook.
- Now navigate to the location where the EML files were saved.
- Use the EML files you want to migrate from the drop-down menu.
- After then, click and hold on to the files.
- Release the hold by moving the pointer to the inbox of Microsoft Outlook.
- It will convert the EML files to PST files and import them into Outlook.
Transfer EML files to Outlook Express
Outlook Express can convert EML files to PST files for Outlook. In Outlook Express, drag the EML files into the program. It uses Outlook Express to configure the EML files. Now, follow the instructions outlined below.
- Run Microsoft Outlook as an administrator on your computer.
- Choose Open and Export options from the File tab.
- Select Import/Export from the drop-down menu.
- Then select Import Internal Mail and Addresses, followed by Outlook Express.
- To export EML files to Outlook, click the Next button, then the Finish button.
These are the most popular and effective manual EML to Outlook data file migration steps. In the vast majority of cases, these techniques are beneficial. However, they aren’t appropriate in every situation. There are certain disadvantages to manual techniques as well.
Manual Methods Have Limitations
Manual methods are best suited to persons with technical expertise. The above processes, however, are inaccessible to people who are unfamiliar with technical vocabulary. As a result, manually converting an EML file to an Outlook PST is not always the best option. It does, however, have some disadvantages.
- For inexperienced users, it is complicated and challenging.
- Because you can only migrate a certain number of emails at a time, the manual steps take a long time.
- These approaches carry a substantial risk of file corruption or data loss.
- With each new version of Microsoft Outlook, the aforementioned technique will be updated.
The manual steps are not suitable for everyone due to the aforementioned vulnerabilities. As a result, you’ll need a more advanced migration solution.
Solution: Professional or Automatic
In a professional way, you convert EML to PST for Outlook using third-party software. It’s a quick and easy way to move email files. This technique is also appropriate for both technical and non-technical users due to its simplicity. As a result, it is the ideal solution to the question, “How do I convert EML files?”
DataHelp EML to PST Converter is a useful tool for quickly converting EML files to other formats. It includes a user interface that is quite engaging, so you can easily convert files without any help.
The article discusses why you should convert an EML file to a PST file for Outlook. It also explains how to migrate your email files. The conversion can be done in two ways. A manual method is appropriate for those who are familiar with technical vocabulary and are capable of doing complex tasks. The automatic solution, on the other hand, uses third-party software and is designed for non-technical people.