React Native has grabbed huge attention among developers. Presently, this technology has become one of the foremost choices of the development industry. It allows programmers to build native-like applications with the support of cross platforms.
According to Wikipedia, “React Native is an open-source mobile application framework created by Facebook, Inc. It is used to develop applications for Android, Android TV, iOS, macOS, tvOS, Web, Windows and UWP by enabling developers to use React’s framework along with native platform capabilities.”
Things to know About React Native
- Seamless cross-platform
- Based on open source technology
- Simple user interface
- Modular architecture
- Stable and has the strong support of a huge community.
Apart from the above points, React Native development services has the strong support of the databases. In this blog, we are listing some local data storage options that developers can leverage and make the process effortless.
Local Databases for React Native App Development
Realm is based on an open-source object database management system. This technology is 10times faster than the relational database. Majorly, it is designed to build real-time applications from scratch. This database helps to improve performance and is considered as the best choice for large enterprise-based applications.
Benefits of Realm
- It also has a premium version that offers advanced functionalities such as Realm Studio.
- This database has a set of API’s and supported with synchronization that keeps running in the background that helps to save user interaction. Undoubtedly, this helps in decision-making.
- Realm supports offline-based architecture.
Firebase Database is a Google-owned database, which is having NOSql. It helps to develop mobile applications faster as ever before. This database is supported from start-ups to large enterprises. Along with this, it allows us to launch and run solutions successfully. Firebase is also supported with high-performance tracking tools which offer full access to the removal of data from the Google server.
Points to know about Firebase Database
- This helps to manage full backend infrastructure with cloud and authentication services.
- It also allows developers to monitor performance and stability with crashlytics and Google analytics.
- With remote configuration and cloud messaging, it allows boosting user engagement.
- Firebase ensures to build and grow your app development process.
It is a lightweight based database, which requires minimal dataset up. This database allows you to manage data in an accurate manner and its source code available at free cost.
According to Wikipedia, SQLite is a relational database management system contained in a C library. In contrast to many other database management systems, SQLite is not a client–server database engine. Rather, it is embedded into the end program. It was launched under the Public domain and written in C programming language. Hence, this database executes all SQL standards.
Things to know about SQLite
- It is binded with several programming languages.
- Allows to save data with cross-platform feature
- Ensures to manage data easily with minimal setup
- It is not a client-server database engine
Points to know about PouchDB
- It was designed to run well in the browser.
- This database ensures to replace data like a pro
- PouchDB supports both online as well as offline mode
- Protected by encrypted keys and other vulnerable attacks
WatermelonDB offers a new way of dealing with user data in React Native and React web apps. It’s optimized for building complex applications with high-performance solutions.
Points to know about WatermelonDB
- Allows data plugin into components
- After modifications in the database, UI will render again automatically
- Supports static typing with flow
These are the top local databases for React Native App development that every developer should know. It helps to streamline the process in an appropriate way and leverage the benefits of this technology.