Hey guys, are you going to join on oDesk as a WordPress expert? It is not very easy, you’ve to qualify the oDesk’s WordPress Test Exam. Also, it is not so difficult. If you have the clear concept on WordPress, then you may qualify the WordPress test easily. You know, in the era of technology outsourcing is becoming harder. Because competitors are increasing day by day. No tension, I’m with you. I’ll help you to start outsourcing on WordPress at oDesk. Please read the questions and answers below to easily qualify the oDesk’s WordPress Test Exam.
WordPress Questions & Answers for oDesk’s WordPress Text Exam
I just have given the question and answer only.
- #1. From which of the following blog sites does WordPress provide the feature to import posts?
- #2. In the WordPress.org version 2.5.1 or later, there is a feature known as ‘Update Service‘ which notifies site updates services whenever a new post is published or whenever the blog is updated. Which of the following is the default update service in the WordPress.org version 2.5.1 or later?
- #3. In the case of a free WordPress.com blog, the number of users that can be invited by a registered user is:
- #4. Which of the following WordPress.org version 2.5.1 or later components or modules is not activated by default?
Ans: Nothings are not activated by default.
- #5. What kind of information do cookies store in WordPress?
Ans: Information about the logged in user
- #6. Suppose you have a WordPress.com blog named ‘http://your-username.wordpress.com‘ and you want to know its RSS feeds details. Which of the following URLS will you use to get details?
- #7. What is Domain Mapping in the case of WordPress.com?
Ans: It is a method by which you can replace the ‘WordPress.com‘ name with your own domain name via paid upgrade.
- #8. Which type of media files can be uploaded to WordPress.com?
Ans: *.wma and *.jpg
- #9. You want to Podcast a mp3 file named ‘abc.mp3‘ on your WordPress.org version 2.5.1 or later site, having URL ‘http://www.xyz.com‘, through a post. What will be the URL to link the audio file?
Ans: <a href=”www.xyz.com/wp-content/upload/abc.mp3″>Podcast File</a>
- #10. You want to change the WordPress.org version 2.5.1 or later language to thai(th). What change has to be made in the wp-config.php file?
Ans: define (‘WPLANG’, ‘th’);
- #11. What is the main purpose of the Password Protect feature in the WordPress.org version 2.5.1 or later?
Ans: To protect posts from being displayed to users who are not registered.
- #12. Suppose, you have forgotten your admin password for the WordPress.org version 2.5.1 or later. – Which of the following methods can be used to recover/reset the password?
Ans: By using the Lost password link on the login page
- #13. Which of the following features is not available in the basic WordPress.org version 2.5.1 for posts?
- #14. You want to browse your WordPress.com blog on your mobile or PDA. – Which of the following URLs will you use?
- #15. Which of the following statements is correct with regard to adding the shopping feature in your WordPress.org version 2.5.1 or later site?
Ans: The shopping feature can be added by adding a theme for shopping.
- #16. Which of the following are the differences between WordPress.org and WordPress.com?
Ans: In WordPress.org, you can upload themes and plugins but in WordPress.com, you cannot upload themes and plugins.
- #17. Suppose, you want to show the number of spam comments that have been caught by the ‘Akismet‘? Which of the following code is used to display the statistics in the WordPress.org version 2.5.1 or later?
Ans: <?php akismet_counter(); ?>
- #18. In the WordPress.org version 2.5.1 or later, the sidebar is used to display———.
- #19. In the WordPress.org version 2.5.1 or later, a private post created by the administrator is also visible to the:
- #20. In Which file do you specify the database name in the WordPress.org version 2.5.1 or later?
- #21. What is the amount of free space available in a free WordPress.com blog, for storing uploaded files and images?
Ans: 3000 Megabytes
- #22. What of the following statements are correct with reference to the Permalinks Structure?
Ans: The structure of Permalinks can be changed by using the admin section.
- #23. In the WordPress.org version 2.5.1 or later, you can –
Ans: import Posts from different blog websites
- #24. In WordPress, you can also set the publication date of the post to:
Ans: A future date and A first date
- #25. If the WordPress.org version 2.5.1 or later directory is placed in the root directory, which path is to be visited to install the WordPress.org version 2.5.1 script tn the website http://www.example.com?
- #27. What is the default path the theme files in the WordPress.org version 2.5.1 or later deployment kit?
Ans: <root directory>/wp_content/themes
- #28. What is the function of widgets in WordPress?
Ans: It is used to add additional components to the site.
- #29. Which of the following things are required for the installation of the WordPress.org version 2.5.1 or later?
Ans: Web Server, Text Editor and Web Browser
- #30. You have created a site using WordPress.org version 4.0 or later and given the blog the title ‘Fitness‘. After the creation, you want to change the blog title. What will be the best solution?
Ans: Changing the site title from the Setting>>General Menu.
#31. When are Actions triggered in the WordPress.org version 2.5.1 or later?
a) When a post is published
b) When a theme is changed
c) When a page is displayed
d) When a new user register
- #32. Under the Admin Manage Section of the WordPress.org version 2.5.1 or later, you can –
a) manage User Roles
b) manage Topic Categories and Tags
c) manage Theme Templates
d) manage Published and Unpublished post
Ans: all option (a, b, c,d)
- #33. If you want to upgrade your site http://www.example.com from the older WordPress.org version to a newer one, which URL will have to be used?
- #34. Which of the following User Roles are not defined in the WordPress.org version 4.0 or later?
#35. Suppose, you want to apply a new theme to your WordPress.org version 4.0 or later site. What will be the right method?
Ans: By going to the “Appearance>>Themes>>Add New>>Upload/Search a new theme>>Install”.
- #36. Which of the following constitutes ‘Permalinks‘ structures in the WordPress.org version 4.0 or later?
- #37. From which section in the WordPress Admin can you add a calendar to your WordPress site?
Ans: Widget section
#38. Which of the following database systems is supported by the WordPress.org version 2.5.1 or later?
Ans: Microsoft Access and SQL
- #39. What is the function of Blog Stats in WordPress.com?
Ans: It provides the list of posts which have received the most traffic.
- #40. How can you “hook” a new function into the WordPress.org version 2.5.1?
Ans: add_action (‘hook_name’, ‘your_function_name’, [priority], [accepted_args]);
You may also read: WordPress or BlogSpot – which is the better blogging platform.
Last Word: If I’ve given the wrong answer of any question then please don’t hesitate to tell me by leaving a comment. Thank you, best of luck.